Always best rates onlineBook
Cold room – Deluxe Suite 365
Our largest suite features a heated relaxation area with sauna, shower and en-suite bathroom. Each suite is individually themed and hand carved by artists commissioned from around the world and a wide range of disciplines. Spending a night in Icehotel is a surreal experience and a memory for life. You are awakened in the morning with a cup of hot lingonberry juice at your bedside and a sauna session and hot shower awaits before breakfast. The deluxe suites are part of the new concept ICEHOTEL 365, available all year round thanks to a new specially designed building run on solar power.
The deluxe suites are our individually designed and sculpted thematic suites. The artists, perhaps from Kiruna, Germany, UK or the US have been picked from over two-hundred applicants and invited to make the suite you’ll be sleeping in. Each suite is unique and has never been created before.
The room holds a temperature of -5 to -8 degrees Celsius. New for this year is that the suites are furnished with exclusive Carpe Diem Beds, that provide the best comfort. The bed is covered with reindeer hides and on top of this, you sleep in a thermal sleeping bag.
Your luggage is stored in the luggage storage room prior to your overnight stay.
The deluxe suite has a private sauna, shower and toilet directly connected to the bedroom. The heated relaxation area also provides storage for your belongings. The suite has doors with locks for your privacy.
Launching November 2016, the concept ICEHOTEL 365 makes the sleeping-on-ice experience available to combine with fall and summer adventures as well as the classic winter excursions. The interior hold the same standard and visual design as the winter structure. The exterior in winter will have the same shape and look as the adjacent winter structure, and in summer, the arched roof will be covered in grass.
Good to know
- We recommend you to combine one night cold with a couple of nights warm, staying your first or last night cold.
- We provide thermal sleeping bags, and guests bring personal thermal underwear to sleep in.
- Toilets, showers and storage are located in the warm section of Icehotel, staffed 24 h.
- Deluxe suites are located in ICEHOTEL 365, available all year.
- Check in and out of cold rooms is done in the warm section of Icehotel, separate from the main hotel reception.
- If staying cold the day before or after, there is 6-7 hours between checking out and getting access to your new room, we recommend you plan activities during this period. We will store and move your luggage on request.
- Photography of the rooms is from previous years and for guidance only.
- While you cannot book a specific suite, you are welcome to make a request.
- Icehotel opens in phases, the first phase is completed by mid-November and thereafter more suites and rooms will be available in mid-December when Icehotel is completed.
- Space on activities and transfers are limited and we advise you pre-book at least three weeks in advance.
- Icehotel Restaurant and the Homestead have fixed dinner sittings, and we recommend you reserve your table in advance.
Please note that parts of the hotel are still under construction during November and December and therefore not available to visitors during your stay. If you have booked a cold room your suite will be up and running, please just note that there will be work in progress with other suites that are not yet finished. All warm rooms are open and operating as usual and guided tours are available. We will do everything we can to create a wonderful experience for you here in Jukkasjärvi and you are very much welcome. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about your stay.