Always best rate onlineBook
Cold room – Ice Room
Our standard room with ice décor and a bed made of ice. Spending a night in Icehotel is a surreal experience – a memory for life – and in the morning you are awakened with a cup of hot lingonberry juice at your bedside.
The ice room has a classic design and holds a temperature of -5 to -8 degrees Celsius. The bed you sleep on has a thick mattress that rests on a wooden base. The bed is covered with reindeer hides and you sleep in a thermal sleeping bag. Instead of doors the hotel rooms have curtains that you draw to give you and your company privacy.
In Dressing Room, the warm building adjacent to Icehotel, you will find communal changing rooms, toilets and saunas for women and men. Your luggage is stored in the luggage storage room prior to your overnight stay.
Good to know
- We recommend you combine one night cold with a couple of nights warm, staying your first or last night cold.
- Instead of doors, the hotel rooms have curtains that you draw for privacy.
- We provide thermal sleeping bags, and guests bring personal thermal underwear to sleep in.
- Toilets, showers and storage are located in the warm section of Icehotel, staffed 24 h.
- Ice rooms are located in the winter structure, open December to April.
- Check in and out of cold rooms is done in Dressing Room, the warm building adjacent to Icehotel.
- If staying cold the day before or after, there is 6-7 hours between checking out and getting access to your new room, we recommend you plan activities during this period. We will store and move your luggage on request.
- Icehotel is open to the public between 10 am and 6 pm. This means guests sleeping cold get exclusive access to their rooms from 6 pm, and wake-up call is around 7:30 am.
- Photography of the rooms is from previous years and for guidance only.
- Icehotel opens in phases, the first phase is completed by mid-November and thereafter more suites and rooms will be available in mid-December when Icehotel is completed.
- Space on activities and transfers are limited and we advise you pre-book at least three weeks in advance.
- Icehotel Restaurant and the Homestead have fixed dinner sittings, and we recommend you reserve your table in advance.
Between 10 am and 6 pm, Icehotel is open to the public. Day visitors and guests have access to see all the rooms (except luxury suites) and join a guided tour. This means overnight guests get their rooms at 6 pm and wake-up call is around 7:30 am when staying cold.