Rooms | A hotel and art exhibition made of ice från the river Torne, each year reincarnated in a brand new design. A place to discover silence, northern lights, glistening snow clad forests, reindeer, cloudberries, kettle coffee and much more.
The original ICEHOTEL, Sweden, was founded in 1989. It’s an art exhibition and hotel made of natural ice and snow from one of Europe’s last wild rivers, 200 km north of the Arctic Circle.
Life enriching moments
This is the world’s first ICEHOTEL and we’ve made it our mission to create life enriching experiences, in Jukkasjärvi and beyond. The walls, floors and ceilings of the hotel are the canvases of designers from all creative disciplines. The artists and art work vary from year to year, each rendition of the hotel presenting an ephemeral collection.
The hotel melts and returns to Mother Nature in spring.
The concept Icehotel 365 makes the sleeping-on-ice experience available to combine with fall and summer adventures as well as the classic winter excursions. The interior hold the same standard and visual design as the winter structure. The exterior in winter will have the same shape and look as the adjacent winter structure, and in summer, the arched roof will be covered in grass.
Good to know
• We recommend you to combine one night cold with a couple of nights warm, staying your first or last night cold.
• We provide thermal sleeping bags, and guests bring personal thermal underwear to sleep in.
• Toilets, showers and storage are also available in Dressing Room; the warm building adjacent to Icehotel, staffed 24 h.
• Deluxe Suites are located in Icehotel 365, available all year.
• Check in and out of cold rooms is done in Dressing Room, the warm building adjacent to Icehotel.
• If staying cold the day before or after, there is 6-7 hours between checking out and getting access to your new room, we recommend you plan activities during this period. We will store and move your luggage on request.
• Photography of the rooms is from previous years and for guidance only.
• While you cannot book a specific suite, you are welcome to make a request.
• Icehotel opens in phases, the first phase is completed by mid-November and thereafter more suites and rooms will be available in mid-December when Icehotel is completed.
• Space on activities and transfers are limited and we advise you pre-book at least three weeks in advance.
• Icehotel Restaurant and the Homestead have fixed dinner sittings, and we recommend you reserve your table in advance.