Photo Asaf Kliger
Department manager to ICEHOTEL Adventure
Take the opportunity to work with one of Sweden’s internationally most famous brands. Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi draws guests and visitors from 80 countries every year. The hotel is a yearly and one-of-a-kind art project of ice and snow from Torne River; created by some 40 artists and designers from all over the world.
At Icehotel all of us are the face of the company as well as hosts for our many international guests, which is a great responsibility and a wonderful job. Therefore we value your mindset as one of your most important qualities. As our colleague, we want you to understand that you are important in both guests and co-workers experience of Icehotel, and that the experience is something we all carry with us and give forward.
The department’s objective is to execute outdoor activities during every season. Our goal is to always create life-enriching experiences and the most important tool is skilled guides that focus on the guests, safety and have the ability to take initiative. Snowmobiling is our most popular activity produced in house during the winter months and during the summer the Torne River is an important source for development of activities like rafting, fishing and different boat tours. We are a lot of different persons that work for Icehotel with different work assignments and we are all dependent on each others engagement and competence.
Your assignment is to, together with the coworkers at the department develop, operate and execute activities safely and with the guest in focus. You cooperate with multiple suppliers where profitability, quality and development are important parts. Your coworkers are 4-12 persons depending on season. We would like you to be an active part of the daily work and operation. Pricing and calculation is part of your work and you are responsible for the department’s budget, which means you are result- and goal-oriented. You are a key person and you work closely with several departments and suppliers, which demands good communication skills, confidentiality, understanding and diplomacy. Our organization follows current laws, regulations and policies as well as the company values; respect, caring, collaboration and creativity.
Education and experience
- Previous experience of manage roles and preferably activities
- High school diploma, preferably within tourism and activities
- College, university or similar within tourism is qualifying
- Swedish and English both written and verbally (language skills are qualifying)
- An understanding of calculation and pricing
- Experience of City Break and Visbook are qualifying
- You have guest focus and work easily with different people
- You like taking responsibility and have good organizational skills.
- You have patience, confidentiality, ability to cooperate and loyalty.
- You work well under pressure with good ability to prioritize tasks and take own initiatives.
- Positive and a problem solving mindset.
- Goal oriented and motivated by measurable and set objectives.
What can we offer you?
- Our work environment is characterized by warmth and mutual respect — we have a lot of fun together!
- An inspiring workplace and flexible organization in constant development.
- Good opportunities for you to influence and form assignments as well as the company’s development.
- Opportunity to meet guests and colleagues from the entire world.
Welcome with your application!activities at icehotel
Full-time, indefinite term hiring with six (6) months probationary employment.
Questions are answered by Christophe Risenius, CEO
Phone: +46 70-668 06 98
The applications and recruitment is ongoing, so we ask you to apply as soon as possible.
Send your application with resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org