Deluxe Suite Don´t get lost. Design Tommy Alatalo. Photo Asaf Kliger
Experience live ice sculpting at ICEHOTEL
May 28, 2018
Welcome to view the ice from Torne River transform into sculptures at ICEHOTEL in Jukkasjärvi. An ice symposium with nine sculptors from Sweden will take part May 30 –June 2 in the year-round part of ICEHOTEL.
The initiator is the sculptor Lena Kriström, who during the past 26 years has created art out of ice and snow at ICEHOTEL. Lena is also creating art from magnetite and rock and her art is on display all over the world.
Each sculptor is free to create their own design and when the sculptures are done, the exhibition will be available to view during the summer.
– The Torne River ice is an amazing material for expressing yourself, with its total transparency and in constant change, unlike any other material. The ice is letting the light through and the art takes shape quickly with our sharp tools. And the art disappears, the ice is a living material, says Lena Kriström.
Experience live ice sculpting at ICEHOTEL. The live sculpting can be viewed between 10.00-18.00, May 30–June 2. The ice sculptures will be on display in the ice gallery during the summer.
Participating sculptors are
- Yvonne Nimar, Hjo
- Kerstin Dahl Norén, Äspered
- Pontus Ersbacken, Fors
- Björn Jäderås, Tingsryd
- Magnus Ringborg, Stockholm
- Eva Berglund, Stockholm
- Yemisi Wilsson, Stockholm
- Hans Isaksson, Stockholm
- Lena Kriström, Jukkasjärvi