Meetings amongst sub-zero degrees and wilderness adventures at year-round open ICEHOTEL
February 22, 2018
The number of Swedish guests visiting ICEHOTEL is steadily increasing – and thanks to the year-round part of ICEHOTEL, there is an even wider range of possibilities for special events, suitable for companies and groups. ICEHOTEL is recruiting Cecilia Rahmqvist, previously Key Account Manager at Vaxholm Kastell, to meet the surge from the meeting- and event industry.
Just over a year ago, ICEHOTEL’s year-round part with 20 art suites, ICEBAR BY ICEHOTEL and an ice gallery opened – all of it created from ice and snow. The interest from international media as well as guests has been immense.
– Since we opened the year-round part of the hotel, we are seeing a huge increase in the Swedish market. The most recent numbers from the winter shows that 30% more Swedes have visited us, this last winter only, says Beatrice Lind, Sales Manager at ICEHOTEL.
Now when the guests can experience winter and temperatures below zero, in combination with nature activities like river rafting, northern lights tours and fishing during spring, summer and fall, ICEHOTEL are able to welcome more companies and groups, and offer different conferences and events – year round.
New sales manager takes the lead
One part of the new sales efforts for meetings and events is the recruitment of Cecilia Rahmqvist, previously Key Account Manager at Vaxholms Kastell and earlier Account Manager at Hotel Diplomat. She assumes the position as account manager at ICEHOTEL, based in the Stockholm-region.
– Working for ICEHOTEL is a dream come true. I’ve worked in this industry since the 80s and I booked some of my first groups to Jukkasjärvi. Almost 30 years later, ICEHOTEL in Jukkasjärvi is an established destination, known across the world, and I’m looking forward to helping more company groups experience a different conference at ICEHOTEL, says Cecilia.
During the 80s, Cecilia realized the huge potential in the area when the company groups that got to experience the midnight sun, river rafting and nature activities during their trips to northern Sweden. Today, these experiences can be combined with award-winning food at ICEHOTEL Restaurant and a night in sub-zero degrees at ICEHOTEL; the possibilities are even greater for meetings and events, conferences and groups.
– ICEHOTEL is situated 200 km above the Arctic Circle, but only one and a half hour’s flight from Stockholm. The conference guests are able to experience both winter and summer in just 24 hours. They can begin the day with ice sculpting, continue river rafting and then sleep in sub-zero temperatures in a Deluxe Suite.
Around a hundred events and conferences are executed each year at ICEHOTEL, with varied group sizes and guests from all over the world. It can be everything from an inspiration trip for executives, an incentive for a sales team or kick-off for the entire company. ICEHOTEL is often visited by Swedish and international delegations interested in the tourism industry, design, art and architecture, the building sector or the regional development.
How it works – a different meeting at ICEHOTEL
- At ICEHOTEL we have all the requirements and facilities needed for a traditional meeting, and a huge possibility for unconventional conferences – for example in the year-round part of ICEHOTEL, in a sauna, lavvu-tent or somewhere in the untouched nature. Bond your group through teambuilding activities, tailored to your needs and season. There are 276 beds and the biggest (indoor) conference room can seat up to 100 people.
- A different meeting. How about beginning your day, listening to the silence on a dog sled tour, followed by an adventure race in the wilderness and a five-course ice menu in a traditional Sami tent on the frozen Torne River to finish? The experienced booking team will help you book a conference package or tailor the entire experience.
- Award-winning food experiences at ICEHOTEL Restaurant and in the nature. ICEHOTEL Restaurant offers award-winning food in a relaxing environment – a perfect place to taste local produce like shiitake mushrooms, lichen, reindeer filet and Arctic char. Host your gala dinner in the warm restaurant, in a specially built tipi on the ice or enjoy a twelve-course Chef’s Table menu at ICEHOTEL’s Veranda.
- Europe’s last wilderness. A visit to ICEHOTEL is not complete without an adventure in the nature around the hotel, Europe’s last wilderness. Explore the woodlands from a dog sled and hunt the dancing northern lights on a snowmobile during the winter. Or meet under the magical light from the midnight sun and experience the serenity in the lush forest green, or feel the adrenaline kick in on a river rafting tour during the summer. Top off your stay with a night on ice in sub-zero degrees – year round.
- ICEHOTEL is situated 200 km above the Arctic Circle, but only one hour and thirty minutes by plane from Stockholm.
Read more about meetings and events at ICEHOTELmeetings at icehotel
Ice events anywhere in the world
ICEHOTEL offers ice experiences for all kinds of projects and event across the world. You can choose between products like ice bars, ice glasses and decorative ice blocks, or tailored ice sculptures, lectures and other services. Through the years, the Torne River ice has represented Sweden all over the world, from Chanel’s catwalk in Paris to Milano Design Week, the Nobel Banquet and at ice bars in several countries.
Read more about the possibilities to create events and ice products through ICEHOTEL.ice products & events
ICEHOTEL opened in 1989 and is beside a hotel also an art exhibition with ever-changing art out of ice and snow. ICEHOTEL is created in a new guise every winter, completely made out of natural ice from Torne River, one of Sweden’s national rivers and last untouched waters. When the winter season’s Icehotel has melted back into the river in the spring, a part of the hotel remains; a place where visitors can experience the ice and snow year-round. Welcome!
Contact us for an interview with Cecilia.
Josefin Lindberg, PR & Media
Telephone +46 739 232 725
For pictures and more press releases, visit our press sitePictures & press material