The dining room and cocktail bar is warm and traditional – an escape from the sub-zero degrees, but still letting our ice and surroundings take center stage.
Sourcing our ingredients from the local area, we serve delicacies like reindeer, moose, Arctic char and bramble berries, prepared by Michelin-trained head chef Alexander Meier and his team.
Icehotel was ranked the top restaurant in Kiruna and top three in Swedish Lapland in White Guide 2016 and 2017, Scandinavia’s most comprehensible restaurant guide.
Sample menu Conference
- Small sandwich, coffee, tea & fruit (e.g. reindeer or gravad lax bread rolls)
- Swedish fika classic (e.g. cinnamon bun or mocha squares w coffee and tea)
- Fruit smoothie
- Lunch sandwich coffee, tea and fruit
- Buffet lunch (served in the restaurant), including salad bar, dessert, coffee, tea and juice
- Swedish Lapland tapas (e.g. Kalix bleak roe, reindeer tartare, cured fish and meats, local cheese and jam). Wine, beer & non-alcoholic to add
- Icehotel guided tour and ice cocktail
- Wine tasting
- Sauna experience
- Group menus Torne or Jukkasjärvi (e.g. reindeer carpaccio, Arctic char with crayfish brandade, blueberry pannacotta)
- Chef’s choice 2-course menu (e.g. chargrilled beef with pomme pont neuf & lemon butter, chocolate fondant)
- Wine package
Our Ice dining experience is an especially themed menu – with the beautiful ice and the Torne river have the lead roles. Taste the produce of the river valley, cooked with a continental twist and served on ice dishes over five courses.
Combined After Work & Sauna experience
In Swedish Lapland, the sauna is the heart of the home, a place for peacefulness, relaxation and meditation. Read about our Group activities for more suggestions >>
Classic Wedding menu – 6 courses & wine package
- Bleak roe, classic trimmings, lemon blini – served on ice
- Cured arctic char, dill powder, char foam, caviar – served on ice
- Risotto, lobster, black truffle
- Reindeer minestrone
- Elk tenderloin, chocolate sauce, parsnip purée, ibérico finger ribs, lentils
- Lemon curd, cloudberry
Ice menu – 5 courses & wine package
Kalix löjrom (bleak roe) with classic trimmings – served on ice
Arctic char, browned butter, hollandaise, fennel
Elk fillet, kale, fir sprout, blueberry– served on ice
Fillet of reindeer, jägermeister sauce, almond potato purée, carrots
Chocolate & arctic brambles – served on ice