*Price per person in double room. This package is available 26 March – 2 May, 2018. Book online only.Book
The Local Vibe
Become a Jukkasjarvian for a day and explore the local’s favorite time of year and ideal way to spend a day off; packing the rucksack with hot chocolate and sandwiches, hop on the skis and head off into nature to find a fika (the traditional Swedish concept of a coffee break) spot in the sun.
Kiruna is historically and today a melting pot of locals and people drawn to the area from all corners of the world – but what is true for all of us is the love for the outdoors and in particular the season we call “spring winter”, from the end of March until mid May. The days are long and sun drenched with temperatures between 0 and 10 degrees, but winters are still cold and allows us to enjoy the winter activities for some time longer before summer arrives with the midnight sun.
- Warm and/or cold room at ICEHOTEL
- Morning sauna
- Entrance to ICEHOTEL and option of guided tour
- Loan of warm outer layer clothes incl snowsuit, boots, mittens and balaclava
Excursion package SEK 385 /person (approx. US$45 /person)
- Cross country skis, ski boots and poles/snow shoes and poles
- Reindeer skin or foam mat
- Fika kit of hot Chocolate and freshly prepared sandwiches
- Only available on icehotel.com
- You will be provided with a voucher, which you will need at the time of booking.
- Equipment is for one occasion during your stay, maximum 2h. You are requested to book with reception or reservations at ICEHOTEL no later than 24 hrs before you wish to use your voucher. You can collect your pre-booked equipment and fika kit in reception.
- Equipment or any part of this package cannot be traded for other services, products or cash.
- A deposit of SEK 300 is requested at the time of collecting your equipment, this will be returned to you when the equipment is returned in good condition. ICEHOTEL reserves the right to retain this deposit if equipment is lost or damaged.