Always best rates onlineBook
Cold room – Art Suite
Each suite is individually themed and hand carved by artists commissioned from around the world and a wide range of disciplines. Spending a night in ICEHOTEL is a surreal experience and a memory for life. You are awakened in the morning with a cup of hot lingonberry juice at your bedside and a sauna session and hot shower awaits before breakfast.
The art suites, are our individually designed and sculpted thematic suites. The artists, perhaps from Kiruna, Germany, UK or the US have been picked from over two-hundred applicants and invited to make the suite you’ll be sleeping in. Each suite is unique and has never been created before.
The room holds a temperature of -5 to -8 degrees Celsius. The bed you sleep on has a thick mattress that rests on a wooden base. The bed is covered with reindeer hides and you sleep in a thermal sleeping bag. Instead of doors the hotel rooms have curtains that you draw to give you and your company privacy. Your luggage is stored in the luggage storage room prior to your overnight stay. There are communal changing rooms, toilets and saunas for women and men in the warm section of Icehotel. A complimentary private changing booth is included when you book a winter suite.
Good to know
- The Art Suites are located in the winter structure, open December to April. We recommend you combine one night cold with a couple of nights warm, staying your first or last night cold.
- Instead of doors, the suites have curtains that you draw for privacy.
- We provide thermal sleeping bags, and guests bring personal thermal underwear to sleep in.
- Toilets, showers and storage are located in the warm section of Icehotel, staffed 24 h.
- Check in and out of cold rooms is done in the warm section of Icehotel, separate from the main hotel reception. We will store and move your luggage on request.
- Icehotel is open to the public between 10 am and 6 pm. This means guests sleeping cold get exclusive access to their rooms from 6 pm, and wake-up call is around 7:30 am.
- While you cannot book a specific suite, you are welcome to make a request.
- Icehotel opens in phases, the first phase is completed by mid-November and thereafter more suites and rooms will be available in mid-December when Icehotel is completed.
- Icehotel Restaurant and the Homestead have fixed dinner sittings, and we recommend you reserve your table in advance.
- Photography of the rooms is from previous years and for guidance only.
Space on activities and transfers are limited and we advise you pre-book at least three weeks in advance. If staying cold the day before or after, there is 6-7 hours between checking out and getting access to your new room, we recommend you plan activities during this period.