Cancellation POLICIES – Accommodation
DECEMBER 1 – APRIL 13
WITH PURCHASED CANCELLATION INSURANCE
- You can cancel for free within 72 hours of booking by emailing [email protected]
- In the event of an emergency illness and with a valid sick certificate and purchased cancellation insurance at Icehotel, you can cancel up to and including 12:00, 2 days (48 hours) prior to arrival. Then free cancellation applies to rooms, food & beverages, and activities.
- In the event of cancellation with cancellation insurance, free cancellation of room applies up to and including 12:00, 2 days (48 hours) prior to arrival. For activities, food & drink and transfer, free cancellation applies up to 14 days before arrival.
- In the event of cancellation closer than 12:00, 2 days (48 hours) prior to arrival with the cancellation insurance, full charge also applies for accommodation.
- The cancellation must be communicated to Icehotel in writing. For non-written cancellations, no show, full charge applies. Contact us at [email protected]m
WITHOUT PURCHASED CANCELLATION INSURANCE
- You can cancel for free within 72 hours of booking by emailing [email protected]
- In case of cancellation after 72 hours from the time of booking, without a valid medical certificate or without a cancellation insurance, full debit applies.
- In the event of an emergency illness and with a valid sick certificate and without a purchased cancellation insurance at Icehotel, we take full charge in case of cancellation.
- The cancellation must be communicated to Icehotel in writing. For non-written cancellations, no show, full charge applies. Contact us at [email protected]
If the restrictions will be changed by the government:
Scenario one - Sweden issues a border closure against the clients country of residence. Cancellation without charge, all products booked included.
Scenario two - The clients country of residence - Government issues quarantine measurements upon return from Sweden.
Scenario three - The clients country of residence - Government issues a border closure against Sweden.
If scenario two or three will happen you have the right to postpone the booking free of charge (regardless if you have purchased cancellation insurance or not), 1 year in advance, if you do this no later than 14 days before the first day of arrival. Possibility of rebooking is subject to availability at the hotel. All changes must be made in writing to the hotel at [email protected]. The rebooking only applies to accommodation, food & drinks at Icehotel, transfers and the following activities:
- Northern Lights Safari on Snowmobile
- Snowmobile Adventure
- Snowmobile Overnight Tour
- Ice Sculpting
- Wilderness Dinner
- Jukkasjärvi Sauna ritual
APRIL 14 – NOVEMBER 30
- For bookings without cancellation insurance, free cancellation applies until 12.00 3 days (72h) before arrival, thereafter full charge.
- In the event of cancellation with cancellation insurance, free cancellation of the room until 12.00 on the day of arrival applies. For activities, food & drink, free cancellation applies up to 7 days before arrival.
- Bookings made with special offers are not covered by these conditions but are then governed by the conditions communicated in connection with booking.
- The cancellation must be communicated to Icehotel in writing. For non-written cancellations, no show, full charge applies.
The cost for the cancellation insurance, 550SEK will not be refunded,regardless of cancellation date.
The above cancellation terms do not apply to reservations made by special promotions.
Please note that the cancellation policy does not apply on booked activities or meals.The special terms applicable to such bookings are communicated at the time of booking.
Please contact us for information and advice regarding cancellation [email protected]
Cancellation due to illness/unforeseen events
Due to unforeseen circumstances, it is possible to cancel your visit to Icehotel with full refund (Cancellation insurance 550SEK will not be refunded), if you follow the agreement. With unforeseen circumstances and following the agreement, we refer to;
- You have opted for cancellation insurance at the time of making your reservation.
- Bereavement, illness or a severe accident that affected you, your travel companion, husband/wife, common-law spouse, your or your partners' parents, children or siblings.
- An unforeseen and serious event outside your control, such as extensive fire or flood in your residence which means that it is not reasonable to demand that you fulfill your contract.
- Although you need to verify the reason that prevents you from carrying out your journey with a certificate from a doctor or insurance company. A medical certificate must contain a diagnosis, the date of your first visit and the reason why you are prevented from traveling. The certificate must be issued before the arrival date.
For you to get your refund, the cause of cancellation must be unforeseen, unexpected and of a nature that prevents you from carrying out your journey. This means that if you, for instance, do not have the necessary travel documents for the journey, it will not be regarded as a legitimate reason for cancelling. Nor will delayed or cancelled flights or other transports to/from Icehotel be regarded as a legitimate reason for cancelling; in this case we refer to the transportation companies own rules.
Please note that it is not possible to make preliminary bookings via the website. To confirm the booking, enter your card details and 100% of the booking value will be charged to your bank or credit card when you approve your booking. It is possible to cancel within 72 hours without fees.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Please note that you can not use gift cards via the online booking, if you have a gift card, contact the booking department. You can reach us most easily via email [email protected]
A cancellation insurance at a cost of 550 SEK/booking can only be added when you first make a reservation and applies to all participants in the booking. If you use the cancellation insurance, all the participants in the reservation will be cancelled. No partial refund can be given. The cancellation insurance gives you the right to cancel your reservation with a valid certificate issued before your arrival date up to 14 days prior to arrival. The cost for the cancellation insurance, 550SEK will not be refunded,regardless of cancellation date.
The cancellation insurance does not include transport connections to/from Icehotel, please follow each airline's own rules.
Force majeure means unusual, unpredictable and unavoidable events that are outside of the organizers' control, and that prevents the contract to be fulfilled. Circumstances that the organizer could not, within reasonable means, have foreseen and therefore could not have avoided or overcome. Including, but not restricted to, war, threat of war, riot, civilian insubordination or strike, authority measure, act of terrorism, nature- or industrial catastrophe, fire, severe weather conditions, flood, closed airports, technical issues, maintenance issues or unforeseen changes made by airlines, such as time table changes, interruption in IT-infrastructure (including but not restricted to our web site). During these conditions, the organizer (Icehotel) is free from liability or other consequences.
During the construction of the winter hotel we use only natural materials and since we build the hotel under the open sky our time plan and building progress depend on Mother Nature. We, therefore, ask you to make allowances for any deviations from the plan. If Icehotel is unable to offer cold accommodation due to weather conditions, you will be offered warm accommodation instead or a refund of your reservation at Icehotel.
All outdoor activities in Lapland are weather dependent. If we are forced to cancel an activity due to extreme weather conditions, an alternative activity suitable for the current conditions will be provided. The snow depth at the beginning and end of every winter is decisive for when the tours start and finish for the season.
To drive a snowmobile on our excursions, you must be 18 years or older and hold a valid drivers’-, tractor or moped class I license. Damage excess is charged to the driver of up to SEK 8000 per vehicle.
Observe that consumption of alcohol before or during a snowmobile tour is not permitted. A breath alcohol test can be carried out before the activity starts. Please note that all tours require at least two adults’ participation for departure.
Read more about Activites at Icehotel
Your obligations as a guest/visitor
- Remember that the address and contact details you provide us with when making a booking are our only way of contacting you.
- Please read your confirmation carefully and check that all dates/times and products/services are booked according to your requirements. If not, please contact us immediately to correct any misunderstandings.
- Follow any rules and instructions that apply to the use of accommodation, transfer, activity, etc. For instance, it is not allowed to bring your own alcohol to the sauna.
- You are liable for all damage that is the result of your or your company’s careless behavior to Icehotel property and its furnishings.
- If complaints regarding troublesome behavior are directed at you or your company, Icehotel has the right to evict you and your company from our accommodation if the behavior has not been corrected after being notified.
- If you have any complaints, please contact our front desk for assistance so that any misunderstandings may be resolved during your stay.
- When making your reservation, please let us know if you are disabled in a way that requires transfer aid (such as a wheelchair, etc), food allergies or other disabilities that might be useful for us to know about. Please be specific of what kind of special needs you might require, before arrival.
- You may never publish or distribute photographs of Icehotel for commercial purposes without written consent from Icehotel and the artist/artists. For non-commercial use, such as your portfolio, blog, private website, etc, we request that you credit the artist/artists.
Any errors that occur during your stay must be reported immediately to the reception at Icehotel. If you have not reported any complaints or errors during your stay and therefore neglected to give Icehotel the opportunity to correct any mistakes, you can not demand any compensation afterwards. If you are not satisfied with your compensation, you have to notify Icehotel in writing within 14 days from arriving home. If we can not come to an agreement, you may turn to appropriate authority in your country for assistance.
The personal data you submit on the Icehotel website will be treated with the utmost care and respect. We handle personal data submitted to us in accordance with what is laid down in the Swedish acts of personal data (personuppgiftslagen SFS 1998:204) and electronic communication (lagen om electronisk kommunikation SFS 2003:389). Personal data includes your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
Subject to change
Icehotel reserves the right to change products, times, prices, payment, booking or discount conditions at will. Products and prices for the coming seasons are always preliminary and are subject to change.
Please note that additional terms and conditions apply to group and conference reservations. For more information, please contact Icehotel Group and conference department.
ICEHOTEL AB, 981 91 Jukkasjärvi, SWEDEN
Registration number: 556234-742
Reservations: In order to guarantee your reservation you will need to provide us with specific personal details relating to that reservation. Your details will be used only for the purpose of handling that reservation and will be provided to the hotel in which you are staying for that specific purpose.
When making a reservation you will be transferred to a secure (SSL) server in order to provide credit or debit card information. When you are transferred to this secure server you will see a padlock icon in the bottom corner of your browser window and the URL of the page you are viewing will begin with “https”. Any information you provide while you are within this secure environment is encrypted and cannot be read by a third party.
When you make a reservation we will use your email address for the purpose of fulfilling that reservation. This will include sending you an email to confirm your reservation and may include additional communication should we need to contact you regarding specific requirements or a cancellation.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND VIRUSES
Icehotel cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, content, or availability of information about the hotel or our organisation that may be found on third party websites. Neither are we responsible for the content or privacy policies of any third party websites that have links to or from the Icehotel website.
Attempts to interfere with the operation of our website, by whatever means, or any attempt to place an unreasonable or disproportionate load on our website or server infrastructure is prohibited.
In the event of our website failing to operate, either in whole or in part, due to infections by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond reasonable control, we reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to prohibit usage of our site and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the site.